Wildcat Creek Brick Company

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flash flood takes out my bridge!

Monday afternoon a huge line of thunderstorms tore through Indiana. Lots of wind, a few possible tornados, and massive quantities of rain. In a few hours, several inches of rain added to weeks of previous rainfall. It was too much for my old improvised steel frame bridge. The water spilled over the creek banks and swept up logs and debris. I had relied on this bridge for over ten years to cross this creek to get to my workshop trailer. Now I will be looking to push ahead with my plans to construct a larger bridge. One that a full sized truck can go over. I will keep all of you posted as I progress with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts, comments and ideas. Please no spam or flaming messages. It is a family friendly blog, so no foul langauge please.