Wildcat Creek Brick Company

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Brick ruins in Clinton County. Updated 12-1-09

I took a drive after work one day last week and stopped by a couple ruins I had wanted to see up close.


This was an old two story farmhouse. Its hard to see from the road. Few know its even there. Thats a good thing because no kids have put graffiti on it.


I would love to find who the owner is and work out a deal for the old brick.


This is your typical one room schoolhouse. Built back in the 1880s.




The bricks are not to bad for being made on site in a clamp kiln.


The front door was replaced with a large barn door at one point by a local farmer. But often the loads on the brick wall cant take the wide span. Over the years the wall has crumbled some.


Here are a few updated photos of the farmhouse ruins I thought you may enjoy. Dated 12-1-09



1 comment:

  1. I really like what you do in your past time. That is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts, comments and ideas. Please no spam or flaming messages. It is a family friendly blog, so no foul langauge please.