Wildcat Creek Brick Company

Thursday, February 25, 2010

New stuff for the kiln.

My new pyrometer thermocouples came in yesterday! Thanks once again for Ebay. Ive been fighting using crappy old thermocouples and even went as far as making my own. Funny think was I learned alot about how they are made and work. Having these should make my kiln temp monitoring a bit easier now.

8mm type K thermocouples

Ive also made up some new clay mix. Just waiting for warmer temperatures and motivation to make some new pottery. I have some new ideas I want to try. Thinking about small clay bottles.
4 parts field clay, 1 part glass dust

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts, comments and ideas. Please no spam or flaming messages. It is a family friendly blog, so no foul langauge please.