Wildcat Creek Brick Company

Monday, May 5, 2014

Mushrooms and Trenches

Hi, here is a small update on my hydroelectric project.

 
I now have the in feed canal dug to the water table depth by hand.
It will need widened to fit the block lining so sidewalls don't collapse.
There is quite a bit of useful sand and gravel I have gathered out from the dig so far.
Its hard to tell from the photo, but there is a gentle downward sloping as i dig the length. Hard to notice. Inches of slope over many feet. But you can tell by the water gathering to one end. It doesn't lie. 

My girls were watching me work and went looking for mushrooms and found these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts, comments and ideas. Please no spam or flaming messages. It is a family friendly blog, so no foul langauge please.