Wildcat Creek Brick Company

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thinking smaller, getting ready for next firing.

Here are a couple more photos of some of what came out of the Christmas firing of my kiln.
The bricks are really great. The white one in front is one of my favorites.

The large tiles came out very well also.

I went thru alot of firewood last time getting the kiln up to salt glazing temperature. In an expiremental effort to speed up the firing and save fuel, I am reducing the chamber size to salt glaze my pots. I will let you know the results soon.....
All bricked up, waiting for the mud to seal the cracks. I also moved the pyrometer thermacouple probe into the heart of the chamber this time. I hope to get a more accurate reading from it.
Firing is set for sometime this weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts, comments and ideas. Please no spam or flaming messages. It is a family friendly blog, so no foul langauge please.