Wildcat Creek Brick Company

Friday, January 1, 2010

First firing of the year.

I started about 9:30am and fired until 6:30pm. I cant wait to see how they turn out.

Heres an early pic with alot of steam flowing out. The pots were already dry, so all I can think of is the bricks I used to close off part of the chamber were damp. It burnt off and the temperature climbed after that.
And here is the pyrometer working its way up to temp. Still working out the best thermocouple placement to read from. Its doing better this time. I may buy a new K type one, the one I am using is a repaired one so I dont trust its accuracy to much.

I'll post pics soon of the results for you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts, comments and ideas. Please no spam or flaming messages. It is a family friendly blog, so no foul langauge please.